interest Taeyeon

Daily Interest [05.07.10] Amane Kaoru 'Taeyeon' musical interview

Friday, May 07, 2010Nicholas





 Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon, and then Amane Kaoru.

2 year ago, Taeyeon has conveyed her full of charisma voice to the public through  the Korean drama OST. Despite of the drama itself already is a popular works, but Taeyeon beautiful yet full of charisma voice and the great melody had made this drama become more popular.
9 people singing a song had limited the opportunity of Taeyeon’s good voice and it was pity.
Have you ever imagine of what will happen when Taeyeon meets with musical performance, now this imagination had become reality.

Taeyeon already had thought about it before anyone of us did. Taeyeon added “During I was debuted I already had much interest about musical performance, but in order to continue SNSD activities I have stopped watching musical. The first musical I watched which starred by Ok Joohyun unnie on year 2008.



At the time, I started to consider performing musical stage and that thinking always stayed in my heart."
“Although I’ve been received many invitations but due to album and radio broadcast activities, I have to wait for a suitable opportunity then only give it a try. Along these days, I have reflected my concern to the company management. Luckily, now the chance has come on perfect timing during no album activities period."

Actually, Taeyeon and "Midnight sun" have special acquaintance before. "That was during when I first sang a OST during trainee days, I have come across to know a singer called YUI ( "Midnight Sun" main cast, musician), after heard  a song "Goodbye Days" sang & composed by YUI, I really liked it so I started to sings this song in training room on every morning. After that, I have read and watched all the movie, drama & original novel. Then until when I heard about the news of "Midnight Sun" will be performed on musical stage and looking for main cast, I have agreed to do it immediately without second thought."

When she is being asked what had attracted you the most in this musical, Taeyeon's answer rather interesting. She said" I love the feeling with no camera around me. It was like works syndrome, I feels uneasy when every single words or gesture need to be take cautious of. However, when I’m on musical stage I able to feels the freedom. Regardless of I’m on the stage, dancing, singing or other performance I'm also able to show the most natural side of myself. I think the audiences would agree with me, even when I was trained on backstage. In SNSD training room, mainly we need to practice dancing part. During new album preparation period, we have trained to be as precise as possible on every moves of our dancing, 9 of us must be synchronized like a same person.

In the other hand, the dancing arrangement of musical area rather soft yet freely, everyone of us can show their own charms, body move accordingly based on the feel, so I liked to learn the freedom which exist on musical."

Even though it’s a simple practice, the musical members showed great teamwork like an old friends or colleagues relationship which left great impression to me. 5 year & 3month training days plus debuted 3 years, I have been waiting for 8 years and finally this moment has come. Taeyeon added” Please forget me as SNSD ‘Taeyeon’ , in musical, I’m just is a newcomer who trying to get familiar with this atmosphere”.      
Taeyeon want to be recognized as a “Midnight SunAmane Kaoru or as ‘Kim Taeyeon’ while she standing on the stage instead of 22 year old idol star, this is what Taeyeon expected from the fans.



Freely, freedom
Based on the ‘Midnight Sun’ original novel and movie ‘OST’ “Goodbye Days”, “It’s  Happy line”, and “Skyline” three songs’ rearrange musical, it made Taeyeon has unique feelings into it. “The original feeling was very good and the OST also.  


Even having a special affections with it , on year 2010 SNSD had been busy promoting their official album and also repackaged album thus all their schedules are fully packed. So to let Taeyeon participated in the musical, which needed a lot of practices is not an easy decision. Even Taeyeon admitted that it’s indeed surprise for her when she knows about it."When I decided to join the musical, I thought that there isn’t any repackaged album activities. Even though if my schedule is fully packed, I don’t want to give up such a good chance .Since I had decided, I must have the heart to endure all the hardships, don’t let myself regret".


In the practice room, there's a guitar which has the word "Taeyeon" on it."Guitar is the hope for Kaoru Amane to live on this world, so I practiced hard for it in order to perform it personally. So that I able to keep up with the rhythm while playing the guitar and singing at the same time. I belong to the type who occasionally will forget lyrics, and get nervous whenever I think about the lyrics. But whether is guitar scores or scripts, I can remember all of it just by playing one time, and I didn’t expect that my memory are so good, haha!^^".

No matter what, appearing on the stage not as SNSD Taeyeon, she will definitely be nervous of it."To tell the truth, I'm really nervous, and could not even sleep well. Last time when Yoona was acting in Korean drama, she also practiced everything by herself. So I used the voice recorder to record the scripts part of the male lead (Koji), and kept the original time gap in between, listening to the voice recorder and practice my part with it. I had practiced really hard for it so should be able to catch up".



First time acting, don’t say about Taeyeon, even other actors who had experienced also felt burden about it, but through the role of Kaoru Amane, Taeyeon gradually found out that the role and her personality is actually quite similar, thus it did help to reduce some of her  burden.

Taeyeon added:"Although she's sick, but she didn’t grudge about it, instead of feeling sad about her own sickness, she live like what normal people which just like what a normal teenager will do. Like to talk a lot with friends, quarrel with her dad, feel shy when she see a guy. So when I think about the past when I'm still a teenager, I’m able to adapt into the role very quickly".  Initially, the burden starts from the role of Kaoru Amane, then till the dating alone with Koji."I try to imagine myself as her.

Actually when I'm together with the actor who plays the male role (Koji), I still felt entangled and loss of words sometime until now. So when I'm into the role as Kaoru Amane, ah, only realized that is actually this kind of feeling ah~ . Then only I will be able to act out the role smoothly".



During this period, Taeyeon had been interested in watching "Cats","Pounds Beauty" and recent "Brave King"."After seeing a lot of the others actors and actress acting, I had benefited a lot from it. During the "Pounds Beauty" when seeing Bada unnie, I'm really shocked with her figure and vocal are excellent. This movie had inspired me to have a lot of ideas about it. Recently I had also watched "Brave King",it also had helped me a lot. I also went to see Ok Joo Hyun sunbaenim's musical too."After watching all these movies and musicals, Taeyeon seems to benefit a lot from it.

When being asked about if she do not perform well during the musical how will she feel, Taeyeon replied: "What actually went wrong, I will think about it for the whole day", showing her strong sense of responsibility. In addition, we also know that as a normal person, how Kim Taeyeon managed to overcome those burdens she had. Now, she's not with the other members of SNSD on stage, but alone, solo. After huge deep breath before stepping onto the stage, at there will be what she has looking forward for (freedom moment).
 
Post by Fanstaengoo & snsdlife@snsd-life.blogspot.com

Go under cut for more Taeyeon musical debut videos, Taeyeon sang korean version of "Goodbye days, "It's Happy line" and "skyline".  I'm really happy ~~~~~~~~~~~  ^__________^

 






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sidenote>>>> Finally we have finished this post and fanstaengoo thanks for working so hard with me again. You are really Jjang ^^. Taeyeon hwaiting ^___________^ Fanstaengoo Hwaiitng ^____^.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form